The panel considers the strategic actions and decisions of the Police and Crime Commissioner for Derbyshire.
This includes considering whether they have:
• achieved the aims set out in the police and crime plan and annual report
• considered the priorities of the community safety partners
• consulted appropriately with the public and victims
To achieve this the panel:
• review the precept (council tax charge for the police)
• review the Police and Crime Plan including key activities, priorities, delivery and resourcing
• review the annual report
• hold confirmation hearings for the Chief Constable
• handle complaints about the conduct of the Police and Crime Commissioner
• provide a dual role of challenging and supporting the Police and Crime Commissioner
• understanding the strategic needs for the policing area, using the insight and understanding to support the commissioner to carry out their strategy.
Further information on the Panel can be found on the website of the Derbyshire Police and Crime Panel
contact details are Democratic.Services@derbyshire.gov.uk
Support officer: Ivan Walters. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org