The Derbyshire Health and Wellbeing Board focuses on prevention and the wider determinants of health. The work of the Board aims to reduce health inequalities and improve health and wellbeing across all stages of life by working in partnership with our communities.
Derbyshire Health and Wellbeing Board must undertake the following statutory functions by:
• Preparing and publishing a Joint Strategic Needs Assessment (JSNA) of current and future health and social care needs and ensuring it informs the Health and Wellbeing Strategy and Integrated Care Strategy.
• Preparing and publishing a Joint Local Health and Wellbeing Strategy (JLHWS) for Derbyshire.
• Promoting integrated working in planning, commissioning and delivery of services to improve the health and wellbeing of the population of Derbyshire, including the use of Section 75 agreements.
• Receiving and responding to the plan of the Integrated Care Board
• Preparing and publishing a Pharmaceutical Needs Assessment to assess the need for pharmaceutical services in Derbyshire.
• Expressing an opinion when an application is received from pharmacies in Derbyshire where they wish to consolidate or merge.
The committee is made up of:
• Cabinet Member with Executive responsibility for Public Health (Chair) (Statutory)
• Chief Executive Officer for Derby and Derbyshire Integrated Care Board (Statutory)
• Non-Executive Director for Derby and Derbyshire Integrated Care Board (Vice chair) (Statutory)
• Senior officer with statutory responsibility for Adult Social Care, Derbyshire County Council (Statutory)
• Senior officer with statutory responsibility for Children’s Services, Derbyshire County Council (Statutory)
• Director of Public Health, Derbyshire County Council (Statutory)
• One representative from Healthwatch Derbyshire (Statutory)
• Cabinet Member with responsibility for Adult Social Care
• Cabinet Member with responsibility for Children’s Social Care
• Chair of 3D to represent the voluntary sector
• Police and Crime Commissioner for Derbyshire
• One senior officer representative from Derbyshire Constabulary
• One senior officer representative from Derbyshire Fire and Rescue Service
• One elected member holding a relevant Cabinet portfolio or committee chairperson from each district or borough council in Derbyshire
Support officer: Alisha Parker. 38324