The Governance, Ethics and Standards Committee is responsible for promoting and maintaining high standards of conduct by members and assisting members of the Council to observe our code of conduct.
More particularly they have the following specific functions:
· Advising the Council on the adoption or revision of the code of conduct
· Monitoring the operation of the code of conduct
· Advising and training or arranging to train members of the Council on matters relating to the code of conduct
· Assessing and reviewing complaints against members
· Conducting hearings and making decisions on complaints
· Safeguarding the Council’s constitution
It is made up of eight members – five Conservative and three Labour – together with three independent persons (non-voting).
Support officer: Alisha Parker. 38324