Councillor S Spencer introduced a report, which had been circulated in advance of the meeting, that sought approval for Derbyshire County Council to formally become a member of the East Midlands Freeport.
Councillor Spencer advised that a further recommendation was now proposed that would give a delegation to allow minor drafting points in the documents to be corrected prior to formal submission.
1) Agree the Articles of Association and Members’ Agreement for the East Midlands Freeport Company;
2) Approve the Council becoming a member of the East Midlands Freeport Company on the basis of the approved Articles of Association and Members’ Agreement and authorises the Director of Legal and Democratic Services to agree any documentation necessary to facilitate incorporation of the Company;
3) Agree to nominate the Leader of the Council as the East Midlands Freeport Company Director on behalf of Derbyshire County Council;
4) Note that the Leader of the Council, as a Director, will have the power under the Articles of Association to appoint an alternate to attend a Board meeting in their absence;
5) Authorise the Managing Director (or their authorised representative) to cast a vote as a Member of the Company, in relation to decisions reserved to members of the Company whether at a meeting or by written resolution, when necessary, having taken legal, technical and financial advice as appropriate; and
6) Authorise the Director of Legal and Democratic Services, in consultation with the Leader of the Council, to agree any minor amendments to the Members' Agreement and Articles of the Association prior to submission to government.