Councillor C Renwick introduced a report, which had been circulated in advance of the meeting that updating Cabinet on work being undertaken to develop a new Local Transport Plan for the County.
1) Note that the Department for Transport will be issuing revised guidance in early 2023 to support the development of replacement Local Transport Plans;
2) Note a commitment to assemble the Derbyshire transport evidence baseline and future projections and complete a review of the plans, policies and programmes that are of relevance to transport in Derbyshire;
3) Approve the undertaking of stakeholder and public consultation between January and March 2023 to gather information and evidence about Derbyshire’s transport needs and opportunities;
4) Approve the acceptance of a £178,571.43 grant from Government to support additional capacity in the preparation of a new Local Transport Plan and notes the broad work areas proposed to be undertaken to support Plan preparation as set out in Appendix 1 to the report;
5) Note that additional capacity funding will be provided to assist the parallel work on an LTP covering the D2N2 geography; and
6) Delegate final approval of financial allocations to the broad work areas to the Executive Director – Place in consultation with the Cabinet Member for Infrastructure and Environment.