Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Councillor A Dale introduced a report, which had been circulated in advance of the meeting, seeking approval for the basis for calculating mainstream school and academy budgets for 2022-23.
Councillor Dale said that although the report was largely technical in nature, he was pleased to note a 6.5% interest in the funding stream which would help to partly offset the current high level of inflation.
1) Note the overall DSG settlement for 2022-23 and the Supplementary Grant for schools;
2) Note the Schools Block allocation for 2022-23;
3) Note the National Funding Formula multipliers set out in Appendix 2 to the report;
4) Approve the local mainstream formula multipliers set out in Appendix 3 to the report as the basis for calculating Derbyshire school and academy budgets;
5) Approve a Minimum Funding Guarantee of 1% per pupil for 2022-23;
6) Approve that no cap on individual school gains will be applied in 2022-23;
7) Approve the request from the Schools Forum to de-delegate/top-slice funds from LA maintained primary and secondary schools’ 2022-23 budgets for the services listed at Appendix 4 to the report;
8) Approve that any matters of detail regarding the calculation of school budgets be delegated to the Executive Director for Children’s Services in consultation with the Cabinet Member for Education; and
9) Agree to receive further reports on the other DSG blocks at future meetings.
Publication date: 24/01/2022
Date of decision: 24/01/2022
Decided at meeting: 24/01/2022 - Cabinet
Effective from: 01/02/2022